Monday, March 10, 2008

T-Minus 2 Weeks and Counting

Wow... it's getting really close! Things are moving right along. This past week, movers came to my house and packed everything up, I sold my car, and I bought a one-way ticket to Amsterdam (sniff!).

I must back up however, since I finally got the pictures from my parents' trip to Portland.
One of the pictures from the plane that my parents took.
When they knew that I was really committed to moving, they decided to book a trip out to Portland to help their little girl get things settled. They were a HUGE help! They cleaned. They made trips to Goodwill. My mom cut all of my race shirts into squares that will be perfect for a race quilt that she is going to make me. They kept me sane. They made sure I was eating. All in all, it was one of the best trips we have had together. Another big milestone - they met Sean's parents for the first time, which turned out to be pretty fun. For dessert, I served Stroopwaffels (a Dutch cookie) with vanilla ice cream, to sort of celebrate this new adventure.
Sean and I at his condo...

What trip to Portland would be complete without a stop at Edgefield??? :)

Organizing 6 years worth of stuff!!
Mom cutting all of my race shirts - this is going to be a BIG blanket!
I'm pretty excited, but a little freaked out at the same time. There's not much more left to do... my work visa has been approved, so it's really happening. I guess it's just time to start the good-byes. :(

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

2 Weeks. How exciting!!!!

I love that picture of the plane.

Michelle & Luke said...

I guess it's just time to start the good-byes........

that makes me very very sad. really it makes me feel like crying........

Fayza said...

How long will you be there? And more importantly, can I come visit? ;)

Carolyn said...

Guess who is my Blog of the week?????


YOU!!

Carolyn