Saturday, November 15, 2008

George's "Hen Do"

One thing that I have learned while I have been here is this - just because we speak the same language as people from the UK, there are A LOT of things that are different. For example, what we call a "bachelorette party" in the US, they call a "Hen Do" in the UK... similar with bachelor parties - those are "stag nights". Whatever you call it, my co-worker George (short for Georgina), who is British, is getting married this weekend, and so last weekend, we had a "hen do" for her. It was a lot of fun putting it together and finding gifts for her. George is really cute - she loves anything with bows, so we decided as a group to follow the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" theme, but with one catch - everything had to have a bow on it! :) We started the night at a fun Turkish restaurant, and then moved on for more girl fun at a few pubs and bars. We attempted to go to a salsa dancing place, but it was SUPER packed, so we decided to go somewhere a little less intimate. :) All and all, we had a great time, and I broke my record for the latest I've been out in Amsterdam... I slid into bed right around 3:30am... and proceeded to try to recover for the rest of the week. Man, I'm getting old! :)
Anyways, here are some pictures of our fun night and of the bow extravaganza! :)
George, the Bride-To-Be
Yummy Turkish Food... okay, you didn't think I could do a post without food, did you?? :)
A Blue hat with a bow and a New purse with a bow :)
Some of my friends from work - Ditte, Gulsun, and Sanne... we were trying to have "long necks" like models do. :)
Best wishes to the bride and groom! xx

1 comment:

Michelle & Luke said...

SUPER CUTE! I am glad you had a good hen do with the chickies