Monday, November 16, 2009

My New Hobby

Alright, I know. I'm kind of all over the place. I get bored easily, and so I try lots and lots of different things. My latest obession? Bikram yoga. If you've ever heard of "hot yoga", this is it. Basically, you spend 90 minutes in a room that is 105 degrees Farenheit with 40% humidity, and then go through a series of 26 yoga poses twice each. Why am I doing this? Well, why AM I doing this? It might sound like torture, but it's actually amazing. With all of the running that I do, my muscles get SUPER tight. This is an amazingly great stretch, and having the heat there to warm the muscles first really helps... It's kind of like heating up a piece of metal before you can bend it - it just makes it a lot easier when things are hot. Being in the room this hot, you sweat. A lot. Supposedly, all of the toxins are leaving my body. Not sure about that, but I have more breakouts on my face than I have had since high school. According to the website, this is normal and will go away. Let's hope so. I'm trying to go three times a week. We'll see how long this new hobby sticks. :)

No comments: