Saturday, December 12, 2009

Slight Change in Plans...

I had originally planned to go to Luxembourg this weekend with Leslie and Eric, but, unfortunately, the two of them came down with a horrible flu on Thursday, and we had to cancel our trip. I was bummed not to go, but, not much you can do about the nasty flu that's been going around here!

Friday night was our holiday part at work, and I had SO MUCH FUN!! It only lasted until 12:30, and the time went by WAY too fast! There were so many people out at the venue that was rented in Amsterdam that it was hard to keep track of everyone that I had come with and wanted to see. I know that I talk about all the people that I've become good friends with, but I honestly didn't have a picture of some of them until last night. So, now you can put some faces with names. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! xoxo


KP with Zoe and Nadia - my friends since orientation on the first week there! Two awesome gals from the UK! :)


Good looking bunch of gals... Marilou (my yoga instructor), Sonia (my cute Spanish friend), not sure who this chick is, Mayte (fun colleague from footwear), me, and Gulsun, who you all have seen before - my friend from Rotterdam who I ski with!


Sanne and KP - one of the footwear designers that I love and who turned me on to Bikram yoga


We had a cover band... they played Phil Collins and U2 - sometimes, the music tastes here make me scratch my head...


Stefano, my little brother, and his lovely girlfriend Rixt... love these guys! :)


Erwin & KP... I think I can say that Erwin was my first Dutch friend... love him and his lovely girlfriend, who unfortunately couldnt' make it.


Alex, my tiramisu instructor, Claudia, my dear friend from RoPa Run, and, hmmm... looks like Hugh Hefner... oh, wait, it's my crazy friend Anthony! :)

Gulsun, my buddy for the evening, Paulette from the UK, and Dom, a fun designer friend who had me over for some pre-funking...
I have to say, I am so blessed with friends. Everywhere I have lived - Enon, Toledo, Portland, Amsterdam... everywhere, I have had the most amazing friends that make living so much fun! The friends that I have made here are what is going to make it SO HARD to leave. Thanks to all of you for being you and being a part of my life. All the best to you and your families over the holidays!!

1 comment:

Blondi Blathers said...

I'm truly enjoying all your photos and stories, from up here in the frozen deep freeze that is Saskatchewan at the moment. I don't feel much like travelling, myself, at present but your blog is the next best thing.