Friday, September 5, 2008

Just when I thought I had it all figured out...

Okay, so I'll be honest... this whole European kissing thing sort of threw me for a loop when I moved here. I'm more of a hugger personally, and Europeans kiss - sometimes twice, sometimes three times, it just depends on where people are from. Honestly, kissing on the cheeks is WAY less intimate than hugging if you think about it, but, still, it was different for me.

Well, just when I thought I had it all figured out, people started HUGGING me!! When I left for Portland, it was all kissing goodbye - co-workers, friends, everyone - kisses! Today, I saw a few co-workers that I hadn't seen yesterday, my first day in the office. When they leaned in a little closer, I puckered up and laid one on their cheek, but they were going in for the hug. Can we say AWKWARD??? Here I am kissing, and they are hugging, and it was just WEIRD. So, I'm wondering if while I was gone everyone decided to pull a big switcharoo on me... don't get me wrong, I love hugging, but I think there needs to be some sort of signal to do as you are leaning in so you know what to expect... that way you aren't left feeling like a total dork when you just kissed your co-worker!

Just thought I'd share... :)

2 comments:

Michelle & Luke said...

Amen to that sister!

Louise said...

Just show the love Kipstick!!!
We're a tight team!!!! :)
(but remember, some of us are British)