Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 25 Things...

This was something that was going around Facebook, and I thought it was kind of fun. Thought I would share with those of you who haven't yet joined the Facebook community... I'd love to see yours too. :)

1. I grew up in the country, but I've discovered over the years that I'm really more of a city girl.

2. I HATE speaking in public... delivering the maid of honor speech at two of my friends' weddings was enough to nearly put me over the edge.

3. I had braces for 3 years, and am obsessed with other people's teeth.

4. I was the drum major of my high school band for 3 years.

5. I love deeply and easily, which usually ends up to be a disaster.

6. I was never athletic until I moved to Oregon, when I discovered that I knew NO ONE! I noticed everyone was either biking or running, and, since I hadn't brought my bike, I took up running. Seven marathons later, I've become quite a runner, and made the best friends of my life through this hobby.

7. I've been scrapbooking since I was 17, and I actually think about what pictures would be good for my scrapbook when I'm travelling.

8. I have metal in both of my feet.

9. I love my family - there are still no other people in the world that I am 100% myself with.

10. When I was little, my idea of fun play time was pretending I was going on a trip and packing my little kid suitcase... funny that that is still my idea of fun playtime. :)

11. I love to clean... I actually used to bribe my sister to let me clean HER room. :)

12. I'd rather listen to music than watch TV.

13. I have an addiction to peanut butter... I can eat quantities of this delicacy that should not be humanly possible.

14. By the time I was 18, I had only taken one flight in my whole life. Now, I fly at least once a month.

15. I'm really not a pet person. I'm allergic to cats and am not quite sure what to do with dogs.

16. I'm a firm believer that there is no use in planning life out... there's a plan, and the right thing happens at the right time... always.

17. I work in finance but don't balance my checkbook (don't tell my manager!)

18. My fondest childhood memories are my parents tucking me in every night. I would always ask, "Will you tell me a story of your life?". They always told me the same ones, but we did it every night, and it never got old for me. Priceless.

19. I had lasik surgery 6 years ago - before that, I couldn't see a darn thing without lenses!

20. I believe in the small things in life. Saying "please" and "thank you", holding a door open for the person behind you, leaving a treat for a friend. That stuff is small, but is HUGE in my world.

21. I'm from a gigantic family - my dad is from a family of 15 kids, and my mother, 5. I have over 45 cousins. Family parties are insane!

22. I love Christmastime... baking cookies, sending and receiving cards from all over the world, spending time with friends and family... it's all my favorite things, all at once. :)

23. I LOVE long plane rides... it's the only time that I force myself to sit and relax for that amount of time.

24. I'm super friendly once I get to know someone, but I'm really shy at heart, and am never the first to approach a stranger.

25. I won the "Best Smile" Award 3 years in a row at our Business Fraternity Formal. I do love to smile. :)

1 comment:

Michelle & Luke said...

oh, i love these!!! i forgot you had metal in your feet, and loved the one about you packing your suitcase for fun when you were little- how prophetic!!