Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Times in O-H-I-O!

What a great trip!! I arrived in Ohio on Friday, April 18th, to begin the festivities for my sister's wedding. This flight was uneventful, thankfully, after the whole emergency landing ordeal at Christmas. :) What better way to adjust to a 6 hour time difference than to stay up all night? We did just that by celebrating Em's Bachelorette Party on Saturday evening. We were up until about 3:30am with an old school slumber party... activities, while slumber party-inspired, took on a bit of an adult theme: Pin the Tail on the Donkey became "Pin the Macho on the Man", opening gifts became opening lingerie, and the typical pinata became a penis-ata! I think that a good time was had by all! :)


Let them eat cake!


Em opening all of her fun gifts!


KP takes a swing at the pinata... note the flying candy!


Nikki and Courtney singing it up on the PS2 Kareoke game

I try to see as many people as I can while I'm in Ohio, and on Sunday, after the craziness of the bachelorette party, I drove to Wapakoneta (I really just wanted to say I had been there) to meet my two good friends from college, Ellen and Mandy. It was a great time catching up, and I was happy to get to eat at an old favorite - Bob Evans - Down on the Farm! :)


The Three Musketeers - all grown up!

That evening, I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in over 10 years - my old high school friends. I was kind of nervous about how it would go, but we picked right up where we left off. It was really great to see everyone!

Penny, KP, and Amanda


Verity and KP - congrats to Verity with #2 on the way! :)
After a few days home with Mom and Dad, it was back to C-bus I went... Em, Matt and I had a nice couple of days. One evening, we all enjoyed the Belgian beer that Bjorn had sent over with me...

Sisters looking "een beetje dronken..."
The Friday before the wedding, we decided to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. Em and Matt love to kayak, and his brother, Chris, had brought an extra one. We spent about 3 hours out on the lake, and it was so relaxing!

Getting ready!


Pit-Wolf's on the loose! :)
It was such a great week, and so nice to see the way my sister and her husband-to-be treated each other. I really couldn't have asked for a better match for her. They are amazing together. :)


No comments: