Monday, April 6, 2009

Scottish Invasion!!

Okay, so I'm a little behind on blogging... it's been a crazy few weeks. Anyways, back-tracking to last weekend... I *think* that the qualifications for the World Cup Football (in American English: soccer) Tournament are going on right now (I am the first to admit that I am no expert on this crazy sport), and so all the countries are playing each other to see who qualifies. Last weekend, Scotland came to Amsterdam to play the Dutch team. My friend Bjorn and I were walking around in downtown Amsterdam, and we were shocked to see all of these men in kilts - seriously! :) They were in town for the whole weekend, wearing their kilts with pride. And - guess what? They don't wear anything underneath... or at least that's what I heard. ;)


These guys had on the full outfit - complete with a fancy little jacket


They were everywhere! :)

It had been Bjorn's birthday the weekend before, and so I wanted to celebrate with him. I decided to make my first Tiramisu... which turned out to be a disaster! All of the lady fingers somehow floated to the top. It looked terrible. And so, my first Tiramisu quickly turned into my second Tiramisu, which turned out just right. :) Bjorn thought so too. ;)



Yummy in our tummies! :) Attempt #2

No comments: