Friday, August 28, 2009

Under-developed muscles?

Okay, folks. You know me. You know that I like to smile. A LOT. I'm in Portland, Oregon right now, and I had the strangest feeling starting yesterday - I am SORE from smiling so much. Yes, that's right. The girl that never stops smiling has somehow starting smiling even MORE.

Here are some things that have been making me smile:
* Getting picked up at the airport by my boyfriend
* Winning 4th place at a couples' golf tournament on day #1 in Portland
* Doing a long run on the waterfront with my amazing friends + one cute daughter in the Bob
* Attending the wedding of my dear friend, Kristin (of Amsterdam fame)
* Not sleeping alone
* Having good food in the cafeteria at work
* Driving in a country where I can read the road signs
* Being surrounded by all of my work mentors - what an amazing support group I have!
* Grocery stores where you can get anything you want... including - PEANUT BUTTER!!!
* Going to work at our beautiful World Headquarters (yes, that's right, going to work makes me smile... I'm sick in the head!)
* Making dinner with my honey
* Spending time with old friends
* Watching my friends' children get bigger before my very eyes
* Hugs

So... not quite sure how my muscles got so atrophied in Amsterdam... I'm sure I smile plenty there. But, I think what I am trying to say is that I am really, REALLY happy here. :)

Hood to Coast is tomorrow... maybe my smiling muscles will get a rest when I'm doing leg #2 at 11:30pm. :)

1 comment:

Michelle & Luke said...

aw, this made ME smile!!! and I love to be included in your blogs. Like the cute daughter in the bob part. I always feel kinda famous:) I am sooo happy you're here. it just feels RIGHT!!