Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello, Portland!

Well, I'm back in the US! I've been back for 8 days now, and it's really hard to put into words how I feel right now. I think everything is happening so fast that it's hard to actually give myself a minute to realize everything that is going on!

I have to write about my welcome home. I had a really easy flight - I'm working on making a book out of my blog, so I was pretty much just editing the layout for most of the ten hour flight. When I got off of the plane, the flight attendants were so sweet - they gave me a wrapped bottle of champagne as a welcome home gift - so nice to be back to the US, where customer service can't be beat!

Meanwhile, my dear friends, Michelle, Raelee, and Raelee's partner Andy were all at the airport waiting for me to arrive. They had made me signs and bought balloons to welcome me home. I can't describe how happy I felt to see them at the airport, nor can I really explain how absolutely normal it felt to have lunch with them afterwards. I think we all just did such a great job of keeping in touch that it didn't really feel any different than it used to, with the small difference being that we don't have to say goodbye in 2 weeks. :)

It's been a busy week of learning a new job, training my replacement, and getting settled. With all of this going on, I managed to get myself a really nice cold which made me even more exhausted. I think I'm at the end of it now, and I'm finding myself re-energized just by being around the friends that I've been missing so much and enjoying the beautiful Portland weather that greeted me (it was 60 degrees on my first day back - wahoo!).

It's so great to be home!!


My Welcome Home Sign


KP in the City!

Nothing better than a hug from a great friend!




So happy to see these ladies!! :)





And here come my bags... :)