Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Closer

I've booked a house-hunting trip to Amsterdam, so this whole thing is getting a lot more real. I have to say, Nike has been absolutely wonderful about everything. I like to think of myself as a person that always has her i's dotted and t's crossed, but Nike has everything double dotted and triple crossed. Every single thing that you could think of that would be an expense or an inconvenience has been taken care of, and it just makes me feel really good about the whole move. I met with HR last week to talk about the whole process, and there is a team both here in the US and another one in Amsterdam that is working to make this a smooth transition.



It's funny - the sadness really hasn't hit me yet - it's pure excitement for now. I'm sure as my days here in Portland get fewer and fewer, it's going to hit me, and I know in my heart that moving to a foreign country probably isn't going to be as sexy as I think on an everyday basis, but I'm still excited nevertheless.

Sean and I leave for Amsterdam next Monday to look for an apartment. He's still uncertain of whether he'll eventually move or not, but it means a lot to me that he's coming with me. We're both pretty excited to spend V-day in Europe. :) Since we have the following Monday off for President's Day, we'll travel to Paris for the weekend. I've been there before, but the last time, I went by myself, so I'm sure it will be exponentially better to travel with someone I'm in love with. :)

1 comment:

EP said...

Hey! I'm so excited about this blog...it'll make you seem closer and I'm sure will provide some great stories!! I miss you already!