Monday, June 16, 2008

A "personal" problem

Okay, so this might be a little more than some want to know, but this is a freaking hilarious story, so I'm going to post it anyways...

So, I've determined that I have a little problem... a little annoyance called a yeast infection. If you have ever had one is the most uncomfortable sensation possible.

Unsure of what to do about this, I checked with my friend Karyn, and she gladly agreed to come with me to the "Apotheek", or pharmacy, here to assist.

Here is a little replay of our conversation with the lady at the desk there:

Karyn: “do you speak English?”
Lady: “yes”
Kristen: “I think I have a yeast infection”
Lady: “a what?”
KP: “A GIST infection” (spells out the Dutch word for yeast on a piece of paper)
Lady: “Oh! On your intimate part!!”
KP: “Yes, most definitely so”
Lady: “Have you tried yogurt?”
KP: “Yes, I eat it every day”
Lady: “No, not eating it, Washing with it”
KP: “Hmmm…”

So, anyways, she gave me some medicine, but I'm not super confident that it's exactly what we have back home... We'll see.

Hope you are not too grossed out, but this was just a small vignette of daily life here. :)

2 comments:

Tony, Amy, Brady and Kayley said...

OK - this might sound weird, but that's not the first time I have heard that. My grandma once told me that was an old remedy back in her day - guess she wasn't the only one that had heard of it, I thought she was nuts!!!
SO - did ya try it?

Carolyn said...

Ha. Good one.

Try drinking as couple teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar a day until it is gone. You can drink it like a shot or dilute a little. Sounds weird but it works!