Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Art of Gnochhi Making

So, my Italian cooking lessons are progressing... this week, since I had just returned from Italy, I had Italian food on the brain, and I REALLY wanted to learn how to make the yummy gnocchi we had had a few nights while we were there. Fabio was up for the challenge. The ingredients were pretty easy - potatos, salt, flour, and egg... the results? Well, it tasted better than it looked, but that's the important part, right? :)


Fabio preparing the cooking area... we told our co-workers that we were making gnocchi, and everyone was jealous, so we ended up making 4 batches so we could bring it to work the next day for lunch! :)


My little oopsie... Sam had put flour on the table for me to mix into my potatoes... I just dropped the potato mixture on top of the flour, and, of course, after that, there was more flour on me than on the table!!!


K Pitty hard at work...


The finished product... yum city!! :)

No cooking lessons this week... but I have a good reason! :) My dear friend Michelle Wald arrives tomorrow morning from Portland! :) She'll spend Monday and Tuesday exploring Amsterdam on her own, and then Tuesday night we are flying to Spain for adventures in Granada and Sevilla. :) Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

you'll have to teach me when I'm over there or better yet cook for me....hahaha! See ya soon!