Sunday, October 4, 2009

Team Event, Euro-style!

Work's been pretty stressful since the re-org, so now that we have kind of gotten into our new flying formation, my manager suggested that we have a team event after work to reward everyone for their hard work. We decided to go bowling, and then out for dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. My colleagues are a fun mix of different cultures, which always leads to an entertaining time, whether it be singing "I'm Too Sexy" at work, to doing the moonwalk at a bowling alley. It was fun to see a European bowling alley (only about 8 lanes instead of the monster 30-laners we have in the US). We had a nice time, and I didn't embarrass myself TOO much! :)
Jacques showing off his skills... he was all talk though - ended up in 2nd to last place!
Here is the team... one of the most diverse teams I have ever worked on. From L to R: Methoney (Jamaica), Steven (Netherlands), KP (US of A!), Jacques (France), Femi (Nigeria), Guenther (Germany), and Claudia (Mexico)
We had a fun time at the steakhouse as well... always a fun time watching the skills of the chef - this one didn't disappoint - we saw amazing feats of firey steak and were challenged to catching flying fried eggs in our mouths (I made a fool out of myself at this point...). :)
Firey steaks!
We all had to wear kimonos - I promise that we were at a steakhouse and not some strange bathhouse... although that probably wouldn't be out of the question here! :)

No comments: