Friday, August 8, 2008

A weird act of nature or bioengineering?

So... still feeling a little under the weather, I decided to do something that I used to get a kick out of when I was a kid - make breakfast for dinner. I'm not talking cereal folks, I'm talking real fried eggs and toast! :) Why I still call these "dunky eggs" is another story that I think only my immediate family understands...
Anyways, so I started making my yummy din-fast, and when I cracked the first egg - it was twins! Two yolks came out! Now, I had heard of this before, but I had never actually seen it, so I took a photo for proof. Here it is:
I was kind of chuckling to myself after this, and I thought "the only thing that would make this more rare is if the SECOND egg that I crack is also twins." Well, ladies and gentlemen, believe it or not, IT WAS!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I literally said out loud, "What the heck is wrong with this crazy chicken!?!?!". And the proof again:
I spent the rest of the night pondering what this could possibly mean, and warning Sean that I think that the universe is sending me twins at some point.
I decided that since my dinner was so yummy last night, and I was kind of curious about the whole egg thing, that I would have the same thing tonight (I eat the same thing on a regular basis - yes, I am boring!). Well, would you believe that I had ANOTHER TWIN EGG!?!?
This has got me wondering - could this just be a really crazy chicken that has the propensity of producing twins? Or, has man tinkered with thing so much that I'm going to start finding double yolks on a regular basis? This doesn't make my discory feel so special anymore... but I think that's okay. :)
On a health note, I have been trying to take care of myself. I worked from home on Wednesday, and that seemed to help my stress level. I had a massage at work yesterday, and then a professional massage this evening, which I think has really helped. I tend to carry all of my tension right in my shoulders and neck, so my guess is that the spinners come when I get so wound up that I ended up pinching a nerve. There you have it... Dr. K Pitty's highly informed opinion. :)
Just talked to the parents... they are en route to the airport. So, while I'm sleeping, they will be flying, and then I'll pick them up at the airport tomorrow at 10:30 am my time. I really, really can't wait for some mom and dad time. Pictures of things more interesting than egg yolks to come!! :)

3 comments:

Artalexis said...

I do not understand much the commentaries....But....everything what has to do with the art interests to me...greetings from Argentinean

Michelle & Luke said...

KP- who is this argentinean and why does he think two egg yolks is art? Maybe i'm uninformed. hm. well, i am glad your mom & dad are there safe- this is a looong way from ohio! I do not recommend taking them to a sex museum. I DO recommend taking them to your local cheese shop! :) hugs- i cannot wait to see you in PERSON!!

Carolyn said...

how weird is that!