Saturday, May 16, 2009

Forgot... or blocked out???

Oh my gosh... I can't believe I could leave this part out of the Paris post from last weekend... I reached a major milestone in my driving... going around the "Charles de Gaulle Etoille" - which is the huge roundabout that circles the Arc d'Triomphe in Paris. Karyn was pretty insistent that it had to be done once in one's lifetime... I was pretty sure that I could live without doing it, but gave in to peer pressure. :) I have to say, it was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I did it. Here is the proof:

Oh boy... heart attack on-coming!!


KP is slightly freaking out at this point... and has not even entered the roundabout yet!
A picture that I took during my first trip to Paris in July '05... this is the traffic in the roundabout from the top of the Arc d'Triomphe... you'd be scared too, now wouldn't you??? :)

1 comment:

Kalarso said...

I was wondering why you left this out! It was your shining moment...you mastered the Champs Elysees effortlessly. :)