Monday, May 4, 2009

Wonderful Wedding

I can't believe it has come and gone... my sister's wedding! It's been a year of hard work and planning for the big event, and on April 25, 2009, my sister married Matt Wolf. It was a fantastic day in all aspects - the weather was beautiful (85 and sunny - nothing less than a miracle in April in Ohio!), families joined together harmoniously for a great celebration, and two lives became one. I think that today is the first day I've watched the photographer's slideshow without crying (happy tears, folks!). I had no idea that I would be so moved to watch two people so very much in love. Wishing you two a lifetime of love and happiness!!


Em and Matt the day before the wedding with the wedding gift that I got for them - it's a Klimt painting called "The Kiss", that I got while I was in Vienna. It represents everything that I hope for them - security, love, and finding comfort in one another.


Em on W-Day... special request for heart-shaped pancakes coming right up! :)


The site of the wedding ceremony - Darby Creek, near Columbus, Ohio - gorgeous!


Wasn't it just yesterday that we had this same pose for our high school homecoming dances? How did we get so old???


Everyone waiting around for showtime... my parents are in the middle - what a proud day for them! :)


Bride and Groom - a perfect match!


Cutting the beautiful (and YUMMY!) cake!


First Dance - "The Day Before You" by Rascall Flatts


Father-Daughter dance - who would have guessed that my dad had moves??? :) "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins. This song has such special words, and so perfect for our family... I still can't listen to it without crying... which includes during my long runs when it comes onto my iPod - talk about some strange looks! ;)


Matt's father is from Germany, so at one point during the reception, we had a big German Toast, "Ein Prosit" . It was really cool to get to celebrate something a little different.

The day came and went before we knew it. I'm so happy for the new Mr. & Mrs. Wolf. I couldn't ask for a better husband for my sister. Best of luck, you two! :)

2 comments:

Michelle & Luke said...

oh, totally sweet pics. You both look beautiful- what a fun day. I love her dress too. Also read your blog on nice - how "nice" hee hee- it was So good to see you, I only wish I got to see you longer. i feel like i barely got to enjoy you or hug you enough!!! but i like to read your blog b/c I see how HAPPY you are, and that makes me happy. Even though I miss you I love to read about your adventures- you are living life tot he fullest!!

Carolyn said...

It was a great day. So much fun. I didn't get to talk to you at all though.

I know it was Em's day but you were amazing. The reading during the ceremony, your speech and the slide show.Amazing! And you looked beautiful too. Great Job.